Floodlight cam light not holding position

I have the Floodlight cam for about a uear or more. I just noticed one of the lights as pointed down to the ground. Upon further inspection, it had lost it’s grip with the arm that holds it in place and the adjustment knob. It almost looks like the interlocking “teeth” of the light and the arm don’t clamp together any longer. I can’t hand tighten the adjustment knob. I also tried switching the knob out for the other one, but it’s the same result. Anyone have this problem before or tricks to get it hold in place? Does the Ring Protect Plan Plus cover any replacement parts for this?

Hi @dberg. We do carry spare parts for the Floodlight Cam. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like it’s the part that you need. Since you have the Ring Protect Plus Plan, you have an extended warranty. Reach out to our support team to get this resolved! Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I called ring support. Apparently, the original warranty on the floodlight had already expired before I purchased the Ring Protect Plus plan, so I’m out of luck with getting a replacement. They only offered a 35% discount. Guess I’ll try to fix it myself, or find another competitor’s product. :confounded: