FloodLight Cam intermittent functionality, has now been off over 24 hours

Hi, I noticed after a long bout of rain and temp changing that my Floodlight would intermittently turn off (completely) and then turn itself back on. Then I noticed sometimes it would tell me that it’s offline in the app, but any time it detected motion, it sent an alert and recorded.

This has been going on for a bit, and then this last weekend it turned off again and hasn’t been back on. Any advice for this? I went up and double checked all the wiring, and confirmed they’re all secure, doesn’t appear to be any condensation either.

Hi @DRCsyntax. You may want to try resetting the Camera and taking it through another setup if it’s showing offline in the Ring App but still sending alerts. You can reset the Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that’s complete, follow the steps under Set Up a Device to get it reconnected to wifi. Let me know if everything appears to be working correctly after trying these troubleshooting steps. :slight_smile:

It’s no longer sending alerts or responding to the button being held. Just dead now :pensive:

@DRCsyntax I’d definitely recommend giving our a support team a call on this matter then, so they can take a look and help find a solution. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.