Floodlight Cam has been flickering/strobing for several days

Hi there, @robmp11! As you mentioned having colder weather, please note the Floodlight Camera operating temperature range is -22°F to 120°F (-30°C to 48.5°C), in which extreme temperatures can impact functionality. With that being said, flickering lights is odd to hear of and might related to power variables. As the Floodlight Camera utilizes high voltage, we advise consulting a licensed electrician for any power related steps or installation.

Feel free to also reach out to our support team for a more in-depth look at this concern, and any solutions they might have for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Wish I looked into these “problems” prior to purchasing our ring floodlight camera. Recently started flashing/strobing out of nowhere. It is hardwired and worked amazing for the last year. Turn off the power supply. Turn it back on. Works great during the daytime. Starts strobing again during the night time with 20°F temps. Firmware up to date. Health check is good. No idea why this is happening. Which is upsetting, as we were about to order and install a lot of ring products for a family members property, as well as our other rental.

Having the same issue as you just started no issues with the other 2 cameras and it hasn’t got down to -22 here so that’s not the issue.

Three calls and the wife calling Chris has taken care of us and sending out a new unit , guess it takes someone that takes customer support serious to get things done the right way . Thanks again Chris you rock.

Same here. Just about two years old. Both lights were flashing, now one flashes and the other is dim and intermittently flashing.

Called customer service, was put on “hold” which consisted of the agent dropping her headset on her desk and I could hear everything else going on in the background.

Like many of you, the unit is out of warranty and they offered a 35% discount. What a joke. I paid $250 for this unit and it lasted two years. What other product that costs that much do we willingly fork over another $162 dollars plus tax and shipping to replace a defective unit with light that were rated to last 10 years?!? They got the camera hardware right but couldn’t figure out how to make the simple part - the lights - work!!

To make matters worse, in December I bought a Ring Pro Doorbell camera. I’m glad I kept my “dumb” floodlight which hung over the garage before I bought the Ring Floodlight. The Ring floodlight will go in the garbage, the Ring doorbell will go on eBay, and the Ring account will be cancelled.

Goodbye Ring! Best of luck to you.

Mine started doing the same thing a few days ago. I have not contacted Ring yet but plan to. You would think they would be putting out a notice and a fix or replacement details. What a pain. Only benefit is the camera still works great but the lights are a disaster at the moment.

Bought my flood light cam (I would give time line but it’s pointless, what is happening shouldn’t be happening) installed it, it worked fine. Started with lights flickering and now all they do is flash. It sucks coming home at night and not being able to see because I had to turn off the light feature. I did a hard reset and still nothing. Ring tells me my warranty is up. I’ve read and seen a lot of people complain about this. Ring should be replacing these flood light cam for free. I’m definitely not buying a new one. Flood light cam lights flashing

Bought my flood light cam (I would give time line but it’s pointless, what is happening shouldn’t be happening) installed it, it worked fine. Started with lights flickering and now all they do is flash. It sucks coming home at night and not being able to see because I had to turn off the light feature. I did a hard reset and still nothing. Ring tells me my warranty is up. But this is bull ish. I’ve read and seen a lot of people complain about this. Ring should be replacing these flood light cam for free. I’m definitely not buying a new one. Flood light cam lights flashing

My ring floodlight is also strobing, for the past two nights. It got down to 4 degrees (above zero). My system is about 2 years old. It’s interesting to see the responses from Ring say that this is STRANGE or UNUSUAL yet there are dozens of us here complaining about the very same thing!! Strobing Ring Floodlights!! Does there need to be a recall on these or free replacements or what??!! Going to call tomorrow and there better be a darn good resolution.