Flood light cam change as of yesterday

As of yesterday, my flood light cams can no longer be disarmed in the mode settings and they also do not turn on the lights in the group settings. I always disarmed my 6 different cameras if I am working outside to keep from getting constant notifications. 4 of my 6 cameras are not floodlight cams and they disarm perfectly but floodlight cams stay on no matter what you do. Please put it back the way it was prior to yesterday.

1 Like

I have the same problem…just seemed to start within the last 24 hours or so…

1 Like

I spoke to a Ring representative about this issue. He suggested updating my iOS, and deleting and re-installing the Ring app on my iPhone.

I did both, but I still have the problem with the Floodlight cam…

I’ll call back and see what else can be done… Previously I had done a hard reset on the Floodlight cam, but this fix the problem…

I spoke with a second representative, who could not offer any suggestions/solutions. She is “elevating” my problem, and reporting it to the “back office,” for them to contact me with a solution…

Guessing you ought to call Ring support at 1-800-656-1918…

Yes, I have 3 on my house and same problem as of yesterday. Disarm mode no longer works and my phone was going nuts all day as my wife moved around outside the house doing yard work and seeting off the notifications on 3 cameras. Fix this please!

I have the same problem with my floodlight cams. Disarm mode does not work now. It used to work. Extremely annoying. If you do a search on this topic you will find other people have the same problem. I never saw a solution from Ring or answer as to why this is happening. Deleting the app, deleting the devices and so on is a lot of work. Ring needs to fix this.

I have the same problem with my floodlight cams. Disarm mode does not work now. It used to work. Extremely annoying. If you do a search on this topic you will find other people have the same problem. I never saw a solution from Ring or answer as to why this is happening. Deleting the app, deleting the devices and so on is a lot of work. Ring needs to fix this.

Awful customer support. Support tried to state that this function has never worked for the Spotlight Camera’s. Really has worked since I’ve installed the camera’s…

Well (perhaps) 24 hours after calling customer support, and having the representative run my problem up to a higher level, the problem appears to be fixed. Disarmed, Home, and Away modes appear to be functioning normally again with my Flood Light Cam…

Might be worth the rest of you-all to check to see if your modes are working properly now.

I’m wondering if someone at Ring may have sent an errant code to Flood Light Cam devices a couple of days ago, and now they’ve fixed it…

2 Likes

My disarm mode appears to be working again for my floodlight cams.

2 Likes