Rollout Info: You might not see this in your app currently because it is being released slowly to all Ring users in their mobile app. We appreciate your patience as we work to get this to all our neighbors!
We are always working to bring features to better your experience with your devices. Which is why we are excited to tell you more about the new light schedule options for your Ring Floodlight Cam and Spotlight Cam. Learn more about this feature below.
Available for your Floodlight Cam, Spotlight Cam Wired, Spotlight Cam Battery, Spotlight Cam Solar, and Spotlight Cam Mount:
- Negative Light Schedule - Schedule the times and days you want your camera’s lights to stay off. Meaning they will not turn on even when your device senses motion.
- Light Schedule List - You can easily see all your light schedules at a glance in your lights settings in the new Device Schedules tile.
Available for your Floodlight Cam, Spotlight Cam Wired, and Spotlight Cam Mount:
- Dusk to Dawn Schedule - Set your camera’s lights to turn off at dawn, then on at dusk. Note: The lights off at dusk portion of this feature will also work on Spotlight Cam Battery and Spotlight Cam Solar.
- Positive Light Schedules - Schedule the times and days you want your camera’s lights to stay on.
You will see a new tile called Device Schedule on your Floodlight Cam and Spotlight Cam’s main dashboard like the one shown below. Tap that tile and follow the steps to set your light schedules. Note: You will need to set a separate schedule for each device you would like to follow a schedule.
- If you have Smart Lights they will need to be scheduled separately from your Floodlight Cam and Spotlight Cam’s.
- The Dusk to Dawn feature offers pre-set time frame to automate your lights on and off throughout the year as lighting changes through the seasons.
- Don’t worry, we have you covered for scheduling conflicts. The Ring app will make sure to update you when you make a new schedule if it conflicts with one you previously have set.