Faulty doorbell elite, does not go into set-up mode, LEDs not spinning

I just purchased a doorbell elite and just tried to set up for the first time and ran into some technical issues.

I plugged everything in, heard 2 camera clicks followed by the doorbell chime and some red LEDS below the camera for a second or 2. Then the ring around the button only showed up blue in the top left corner and stayed solid, never blinked, never spun around, just solid blue in the top left corner! So I followed the guide to press the black button to go into connection mode, and after 5-10 seconds. The blue light in the top left corner dissapeared and was replaced by a solid white light in the bottom left corner!

I tried the hard reset (20 seconds) and the device reset just as before, after it reset the blue led in the top left corner returned.

I’ve tried many power downs, various ports in the router, tried using other cat 6e cables that I know work, even tried to use my ubiquity PoE injector for my Access point which also powered the doorbell just fine but the same problem is there and nothing changed.

I am sending the unit back for replacent but I just need some insight into what might cause the LEDs to act in this way? Clearly the doorbell is faulty, I’m just curious to know what could cause it

Hi @Timbo3185. It’s hard to say what could be the cause of this. From what you’ve described, it sounds like some sort of power issue. This Help Center article here has some information that might be helpful. If you are still having issues, feel free to contact out support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.