False Positives

In the last two weeks my ring doorbell 2 keeps going off throughout the day and night for no reason that I can tell. It states unverified motion. My camera was working fine and not going off all the time just two weeks ago. I am not sure if there was a recent doorbell update. I just changed my seetings to turn off people only mode because another article stated that it is possible light is causing it to go off. It is also occuring through the night. My history since yesterday has alarms that say motion for example 5:11 P.M. then 2:14 AM, 2:17 Am, 2:29 Am, 9:03 AM, 9:14 AM, 9:25 Am, 9:34 Am, 9:40 Am, 9:43 AM, 9:54 AM, 10:36 AM. As stated this is not something that had occured in the past.

Hey @shoresport. Have you reached out to our support team on this concern? I would recommend following up with them on this concern so they can look more in depth with the device and the history of the recording to isolate this concern further. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes!

I didn’t need to call them. Turning of the people option resolved the issue with all the false positives. Seems that feature which is supposed to only detect people works in the opposite way and detects every breeze and flash of light that was occuring around the doorbell. When I turned the option off our doorbell went back to working as it did in the past.

1 Like