External camera connection

I had my camera connected to internet router via Ethernet cable. I’ve now changed to fibre and router is in a different room so can’t connect via cable anymore … Can I connect using WiFi /Bluetooth whatever? Sorry if this is a stupid question- I’m on my own and clueless( someone else set it up for me originally)

@Gill21 wrote:
I had my camera connected to internet router via Ethernet cable. I’ve now changed to fibre and router is in a different room so can’t connect via cable anymore … Can I connect using WiFi /Bluetooth whatever? Sorry if this is a stupid question- I’m on my own and clueless( someone else set it up for me originally)

Hello @Gill21 ,

Not a stupid question at all. :slight_smile: It sounds like you are talking about the newest Stick Up Cam Elite with PoE (Power over Ethernet), which can utilizing an Ethernet cable for both power and communicating directly to your router. The Stick Up Cam Elite can also use a wireless data Wi-Fi connection at 2.4GHz or 5GHz, so you can use your Ring App to change the data connection over to Internet Wi-Fi, and utilize the the included AC adapter to now provide the electrical power that used to be supplied by the Ethernet cable. :slight_smile:

1 Like