Extend the length of Live View (24/7 recording)

I only WISH I had a 10-minute time out. Mine is more like 30 seconds now. This is TOTAL B.S.!!! And yes, I pay the $100 a year for the “premium” service! (*I should say “paid” as I won’t be doing it again, but will begin looking for a more responsive provider.)

1 Like

PLEASE extend the live view to indefinite. The camera is almost completely useless when it times out and takes 30-60 seconds to pull it back up again. In that time a thief could steal my front desk laptop and take off.

2 Likes

Please add a baby monitor mode for continuous live view and NO recording. Would be super helpful and I’d buy more of your cameras.

7 Likes

Mine only stays open for like a min or two on my laptop. then it just closes.

1 Like

I have waited for Ring to remove the 10 minute time-out feature. My wife and I discussed this today, and we have decided to move to Google Nest cameras. I can live with timing out every 4 hours, but not every 10 minutes. I do software development at my home office, and I like being able to keep an eye on everything around the house. I would even be willing to pay an extra monthly fee for the continuous surveillance. Starting next week, I’m removing my Ring cameras and replacing them. By switching to Nest, I can handle both security and surveillance needs. I won’t wait any longer for Ring to change this timeout feature.

1 Like

Would love to be able to view live and be able to view this without accessing it via the internet

1 Like

You’ve been saying the same thing for 2 years. I’m afraid you’re support and R&D group has no credibility with the market. It’s easy to accomplish hence of its not being done, it’s because the company doesn’t want to. Even on other issues, one of the worst customer service experiences I’ve had. Disappointment

1 Like

Ring cameras are great. I happen to have them around the exterior of my home. Their motion recording is nice. What would be nicer is if Ring would offer 24/7 continuous recording for all cameras even if they charged an additional fee it would be worth it. They said they were going to offer this service a couple years ago and have not done it. That’s the camera’s biggest downfall. At some of the most important times of a video there’s a blank spot and you miss the video of something that could possibly be a burglary.
So what good is it as a security camera.
Hey Ring how about 24/7?

I literally signed up for the forum just to add my voice to this. I’ve owned Nest for a long time, but decided to put Ring at my 84 y-o mother’s house. What a HUGE mistake! I can’t monitor mom’s house from mine because of this. I will be removing the Ring products from her house and replacing them with Nest. They understand security needs where it’s clear Ring/Amazon does not. I will also be going out of my way to make sure every Ring review I pen includes this ridiculous limitation as a deal-killer for me.

@Chelsea_Ring , you might have kept me if you’d responded with more than “please be patient, we’re working on it” over the last 2 years. Good luck keeping happy customers. I won’t be one of them.

1 Like

My Live last about 20 Seconds… This is really unacceptable.
As this is a world wide company they CAN’T upgrade servers/service for this product! RING has done well and now is about the money solely and not customer feeling of well being.
Come on ADT/Alder/Simplissafe/Frontpoint and others do and can.
I think I should have done MORE research before buying this product!
Good and Bad New Home Camera’s

1 Like

I won’t be buying anymore Ring cameras unless this feature is added. A shame really because they are quality products.

1 Like

Not as concerned about the 24/7 recording buy would like the option to configure the length of live view. It shouldn’t matter to Ring whether it is battery operated or not. Let the length of the live view up to the customer. THANKS!!!

I bought the Battery operated Stick up camera as an indoor pet cam. The live view limit is so silly. When I’m home and working on my PC I like to see what my pets are up to and keep an eye on them, Id like to use the live view for that. The fact that it only allows 10mins is STUPID and if I had known this I wouldn’t have bought my camera. All you need to do is stop the live view from being uploaded to the cloud or ad an extra subscription for it! SERIOUSLY ring this is so bad! I won’t be recommending this product until this issue is sorted! It a software issue that so small it wouldn’t take a day to sort out.

Please add the option to toggle live view timeout. Currently bought an indoor mini cam as a baby monitor. I can’t lay awake to reconnect every 10 minutes.

I have a ring door bell and want to buy the indoor cam to replace one I already have but this live view is a deal breaker for me, my current camera is a Samsung SmartCam and the live view you can have on for hours. Maybe I won’t get this indoor camera until Ring make live view last longer than 10mins

1 Like

This has been an issue for 4 years. Ring will never resolve this issue. Better off purchasing new cameras from a competitor.

Absolutely HATE the camera Timeouts! Fix this.
Why can’t they make it so you choose to route the video on your local network and not go through their servers?? That should make everyone happy!

I think the live view timeout is very annoying. Is there any way to have live view on forever when needed? Also, a view-only mode that will not leave a record on the timeline will be great. I am using a ring indoor cam in my daughter’s room as a baby monitor so I can keep an eye on her when at work, but I don’t want to reactive the live view every few minutes and don’t want to leave a record on the timeline when my wife is changing her diapers.

I have seen this question answered in another post and the answer is no continuous live view according to Ring. They said it was because of storage issues. I think it is because the camera and processor heats up and it shuts off to prevent overheating such as on DSLR cams.

I don’t think so, I sometimes use live view continuously, every time it timed out, I turn it on for more than two hours and I found no issues.