Extend the length of Live View (24/7 recording)

Please remove the time limit. Bought this as a nursery cam and it’s basically useless for that purpose. Somehow missed the time limit reading reviews. I don’t want or need to store in the cloud so that shouldn’t be an issue.

2 Likes

It is embarassing this has not been addressed.

2 Likes

Ring clearly does not care about its users. I have NEVER seen a company outright refuse to address an issue that 99.9% of its customers find an issue with.

even bad companies at least acknowldge it with empty promises. Ring has the worst customer service on the planet. they make comcast look dilligent

2 Likes

Why are we STILL missing absolute basics like continuous video??!!?? I couldn’t care less about the recording in fact I’d love to turn it off. Continuous video is why I bought a ring camera and like everyone else I’ve been misled that your product was actually useful. Nowhere does it say live view is a limited feature with a usage limit.

Just create an unlimited live view with no recording, technically easy to do, saves you money from no recording space needed and best of all it gives your customers what they want and what your deliberately misleading advertising indicates is already available.

Of course this all hinges on ring caring about their customers which they’re proven they don’t by ignoring this for so long. How sad.

3 Likes

@Marley_Ring

Please respond. this is a top 3 complaint/feature request. Ring needs to provide a response and ETA on when this will be updated.

You market the camera as a baby monitor. until live view is timeout is removed, this is a major safety hazzard.

3 Likes

RING! PLEASE, we really need this live feature fixed. I work from home now, as do many others during these tough times that the pandemic has caused. My office is located upstairs in the very back of my home, and I NEED to keep an eye on the front door at all times, due to sensitive materials that are mailed to my address. We NEED this for our safety! Please extend the length of the live view. The Mac app only allows >30 seconds of live view. This is just unacceptable for a “security device and services” that we pay for.

3 Likes

please add this feature. I don’t care if it is recording or not

2 Likes

After reading the forum I was happy to see there are lots of people in the same trap. Me to bought the came for baby monitor use and got stuck with 10 mins feature. Please please add this feature as the came will be a hit in the parental segment and i also don’t care for the recording or not.

1 Like

Come on guys, fix this already?
Can you please share the product roadmap with estimated delivery dates?
It does not have to continuously record? but you should be able to view only as required…
Please fix the 10 min rule and allow at least 1 hour viewing… having to reconnect every 10mins is just so frustrating.
Looking at the full set-up, 4 flood light cams, 1 indoor cam, 9 piece alarm system, ring pro door bell… this one silly reason is going to make me sell this for half the price as second hand and move onto to another brand!

4 Likes

No need to record during live view. Button to start recording with a limit is fine.

5 Likes

Voted everywhere to request for longer continuous live view back in 2019 and still nothing…

Here’s why I needed it… I might have to abandon Echo Show and Ring.
My setup:
Ring door HD hardwired
Echo Show Gen 2 / Echo Show 8 / Echo Show 8 / Echo Show Gen 2

I have multiple echo show around the house. I use live view to see when my kids get off the bus so I need at least 20+ minutes. On the echo show, I verbally command “show me the front door” and the live view will only last less than 3 minutes. This is not enough to see the bus dropping off my kids, I mean I would have to time it just right. Some said the live view on the phone is longer at 10 minutes, but sometimes I am on my phone talking… Seriously, this is the reason I got multiple echo show devices and the ring doorbell. At least increase it to 30+ minutes. I can see the usage for baby monitor, but my kids are older than requiring the baby monitor. 30 minute should be the standard feature for liveview!!!

5 Likes

And don’t just limit this to the phone app. In Windows, you only get like 30 seconds instead of 10 minutes, so it’s arguably worse there.

2 Likes

I have a hunch they are going to release a new camera that supports the feature and try to force us to buy new cameras. If it isn’t fixed within the app, I will never buy another Ring product.

4 Likes

I was getting the 10 minutes in Widows for a while but there must have been some type of recent update because I’m only getting like 10 seconds in the Windows app now. I still get the 10 minutes on my iphone.

1 Like

@ProductManagement

Changing the code is not that difficult and there is significant impetus behind this request. Please implement in the next update.

If this item is not included in your latest sprint, please tell us why. This is surely on the PM radar and transparency is your friend.

Please fix this show-stopper asap!

1 Like

Another vote for unlimited live view, it doesn’t have to be recorded. Needs to be available both on the mobile app and the desktop app.

It seems like this has been a pretty vocal request since at least 2019. I would think there would have been some movement on it by now.

1 Like

Yes make viewing of the cam unlimited so you can like keep it running on a ipad on your desk like other cams offer this,

2 Likes

I have my recording time set to the max (2 Mins) but is there anyway I can get it to record longer than 2 Mins?

Surely it is misleading to have a picture of a baby monitor… and for the camera to come up on amazon searches, if you can’t actually use it as a baby monitor. This should be an easy fix, I’m not sure why it times out in the first place!

1 Like

Yeah would love to have a longer if not unlimited live view… 1 hour or more would be great.
Please get it sorted.

1 Like