Existing Wireless Alarm integration

Hi,

I have an existing wireless alarm in my home with PIR sensors, door contacts and window vibration sensors.

Can the RING alarm system accept signals from other types of wireless sensors? Is there a particular standard or type that work with the RING system?

Ideally I’d like to replace my existing alarm panel & use all the existing wirless sensors + add some cameras & the doorbell.

Any advice appreciated.

Also does anybody know of installers of RING alarm system in Ireland?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Hi @KevDublin. The Ring Alarm system can only use official Ring Alarm and Works With Ring components. If you have existing wireless sensors, they are not going to be compatible with Ring.

I’m also not sure of any installers that are available in your area due to COVID-19. Rest assured, the Ring Alarm system is very user friendly and our support team is always available to answer and questions you may have about installation. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you confirm that RING use the standard 868MHz radio frequency so devices can connect to each other?

Thanks

Kevin