Every Day my Video Doorbell Pro fails

Hi all,

Can anyone please help?

I have read and read articles and posts about the Video Doorbell Pro and its loss of connection to wifi. My issue is that I have connected my hardwired video doorbell pro to my Virgin Broadband 350MBS. the router is about 9 meters from the door but almost halfway I have a TPLINK 650.
I have my router channels split into 3 by Virgin into the ABCDE, ABCDE 2.4GHz and ABCDE 5GHz and I have a Chime Pro upstairs again about 8/9 meters from the video Pro.

So, every day my doorbell fails without fail. I have no idea why when everything else is working fine I get about 1.5hrs of use out of it every day. I have experienced this now for 2 months or more and I am going crazy. I have connected it to all of the Virgin internet channels as well as the Chime Pro and it still suffer losses and I have to go through the whole process of restarting it and attaching it to the channels why.

I just want a stable connection and to be able to use my doorbell Pro like anyone else, surely it can’t be that hard.

I may add I have an indoor Stickup cam camera and a stickup cam in the garden and they all work every day apart from the odd glitch but I get them working as needed unlike the Video Doorbell that cost me a fortune, they are on the same internet channels.

Hi @JonLeda. Here are the steps that I can recommend to see if you notice any improvement with your Ring Pro. First, you’ll want to turn off power going to your Ring pro for 3 minutes, then turn power back on. Next, you will reset your Ring Pro and then reconnect it to wifi. This will prompt a short update and your Ring Pro should be online after that. Monitor your Ring Pros activity over the next few days to see if it remains online.

If for some reason it does not stay online like it should, try reaching out to our support so they can take a closer look at your Ring Pro. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi Tom,

Thanks, I shall try this. I have tried turning it off at the mains etc but not for 34 mins. So I shall give it a go and let’s see what happens. I am so very disappointed with the performance of this product and I get very frustrated when I see the commercial for it.

1 Like