Event Timeline on Live View Not Working

I can no longer access the event timeline from the live view on my iphone. I have followed the steps to turn this on as mentioned in previous posted, however, it is turned on but it is still not working. Anyone managed to resolve this??

Hi @Bbond. What happens when you try to access the Event Timeline? Please share a screenshot or screen recording of what happens when you try to access it so I can take a closer look. You can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply.

1 Like

The exact same thing happened to my account. This is completely frustrating! I have the “Event Timeline” feature enabled and it still isn’t working!

Maybe with the 2025 $200 changes and this basic feature of the timeline not working, it might be time to find an alternative.

1 Like

@Caitlyn_Ring this exact thing is happening with my Ring. Please help!!

1 Like

The steps listed below are designed to change the Ring app user interface (on an iPADOS device) to display the “Event History Timeline” screen when you perform either of the following steps:

• Tap the “Camera Preview” Tile on the Ring app Dashboard
  • Terminate a Live View session that was initiated from an Event History Timeline screen.

Unfortunately, I don’t have an iPhone handy at the moment, so I can’t try the steps listed below. I can, however, confirm that these steps work on a device that is running the iPadOS 5.44.0 version of the Ring app. (If you have a different version of the Ring app, you may want to try the same strategy to see if it works in the version you are using.)

• Step1:
    • Launch the Ring app
    • Select the three-lined icon in the upper left-hand corner of your screen to open the side menu.
    • Select “Account”.
    • Ensure the “Event History Timeline” setting is turned ON. (If you don’t see the setting, you may need to scroll down a bit.)
      • Blue indicates the feature is turned on.
      • White shows the feature is turned off.
  • Step 2:
    • Select the three-lined icon in the upper left-hand corner of your screen to open the side menu.
    • Select “Dashboard”.
  • Step 3:
    • Perform the following steps for EACH individual Ring device that is experiencing the problem:
      • Select the Gear (Settings) icon in the upper right corner of Camera Preview Tile for the device.
      • Select the Device Settings Tile.
      • Select “Video Settings”.
      • Ensure the “Tap Camera Preview for Live View” setting is turned OFF.
        • Blue indicates the feature is turned on.
        • White shows the feature is turned off.
      • Return to the Ring Dashboard screen.
      • Tap the Camera Preview Tile for the Ring device to select it
      • Confirm the Event History Timeline screen is displayed (instead an actual Live View screen).
      • Select the “Live” button to create a Live View.
      • Select the “End Live” button to end the Live View session.
      • Confirm that the Event History Timeline screen is displayed.
2 Likes

Very interesting. Up until a week ago I never had this problem. I am going to assume there might have been an update that changed these settings. Nevertheless it worked.

I have an Android phone and the method you described worked the same.

Jlancaster -

I’m glad the method worked on your Android phone.

Thanks for taking the time to post the information… along with the accompanying graphic.

I suspect that many Ring users may be experiencing the same problem.

Doesn’t work for me on iPhone …. Idk what to do

Thank you that worked on my iphone!!!

1 Like

Hi neighbors. If you are unable to access your Event Timeline in the Ring app, check to see if you have the Tap Camera Preview for Live View option toggled on for your Doorbell or Camera. You can find this setting in the Ring app using the following steps:

• Tap the menu in the top left.
  • Tap Devices.
  • Tap your Doorbell or Camera.
  • Tap the Device Settings tile.
  • Tap Video Settings.
  • Toggle Tap Camera Preview for Live View off.

When this setting is toggled on, tapping the Camera Preview from the dashboard of your Ring app will immediately activate the Live View rather than showing you your Event Timeline with the option of activating Live View. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like