Event History display has changed (again)

The Event History display has changed. It used to be more compact, but now has expanded. I don’t see the usefulness in the change and would prefer the previous display. Is there a way to return to the previous Event History format?

4 Likes

Mine has changed too and I DON,T like it how do we change it back???

7 Likes

Hey neighbors, would you mind sharing a screenshot of what you’re seeing? It’s likely a recent update which cannot be changed, but I’m happy to take a quick look and verify. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We don’t need preview when most of the time is nothing but a passing car. It now gives you a view of about five events instead it used to be about a dozen. It’s terrible when trying to find a date and time. Very poor execution. There should be an option to chose with view to chose from. Since you had no idea what is being complained about it shows poor communication by RING.

This is so bad I’m considering changing to a different brand. Typical communication making changes and not telling anyone . It’s always the , making it better when it is not like discontinuing desktop app.

6 Likes

This is terrible. Can’t stand it. Now I don’t even want to go through my device history. Ruins it.

8 Likes

@WorthFlorida Thanks for sharing that screenshot! Updates are always pushed on a slow rollout, so neighbors may see new app updates before I see them on my own Ring app. I’ve passed your feedback along regarding the new Event History updates, but there is no option to revert this change at this time.

I’d also recommend adding your feedback and vote to this request on our Feature Request board. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

2 Likes

My app has been changed last night. This is the worst layout for Event History. Not everybody can access videos real time or close to it. If you have to go though so many videos per day, this is nothing but trouble. Turning on/off option would be appreciated.

5 Likes

My Event History changed today. I really liked the previous version better. I don’t see any advantage to this new one. There doesn’t even seem to be a way to easily mark more than one event history entry for deletion!

6 Likes

Same issue just occurred to me. Please change back. Takes up too much space. Forever to search. Why can’t you just leave things alone. It was great before.

6 Likes

This is not SOLVED. Ring still has the problems . I don’t see this being a better for US change not to mention once you delete events they’re still not gone from the screen after confirming delete 3 times you need to reload the screen for them to disappear . why not give us the choice to go back to the classic view.
also STOP trying to sell us at every turn on every page in every window.
FYI, I purchased my son a AOSU Doorbell Camera for Xmas. it has some very nice features without paying extra like voice disguise. handy for when children are at home answering the door bell. plus many other thought out features.

3 Likes

I hope it is changed to the compact view.

5 Likes

I am not happy as everyone here, why change the layout of the event history and made it horrible to look at? We should have a choice if we want the new layout or the the old layout. If ain’t broken, why fix it…:thinking: Not a happy bunny!

4 Likes

I agree, why change, the old view was so much better.
We had to access our event history for the police, it was so easy to scroll though and find what they was looking for, but now it would take forever.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.

2 Likes

The EVENT HISTORY change for me is not a step forward, but backwards. It reminds me of the older technology of viewing security footage from other security companies decades ago. This takes up so much space. What we want is the real time preview page and a history of when the cameras go off. The scrolling, and resetting the page so you are able to scroll instead of thinking you are at the end of the tripped cameras is a waste. Ill be looking for another security company who just shows the time lines for the EVENT HISTORY. Ring, this was not a step forward, but backwards. Please keep it simple because people are more than likely viewing this on a phone and not a computer and need the information kept as compact as possible. BIG MISTAKE on Rings part. Hopefully you turn this around. Im sure who ever designed this was not thinking of people who use a cell phone and not a computer to view. PLEASE GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL THAT BROUGHT PEOPLE TO YOU…

3 Likes

Then the only solution for Ring customers is to search for another security service who gives the CUSTOMERS what they want. This change is one of the worst for people who are not at home and must get a quick glimpse as to when their cameras are being tripped. There is to much scrolling and the pause and reset to view ALL and starting over again is a BIG INCONVENIENCE. Whoever designed this did not give us anything new. This change is reminiscent of decades old security footage viewing. Hopefully people will start looking for a different security company because Ring has made a big mistake for working people. People on the go. WE JUST WANT THE TIMES OF EVENT HISTORY AND NOT A ADDITIONAL VIDEO OF A CAR TRIPPING THE CAMERAS….

2 Likes

My Ring app Event History changed yesterday and I also dislike this. I want to see the events based on time and a single line. This is cumbersome. Please change back.

3 Likes

This is a terrible way to view my 7 camera’s. Better be a change coming

2 Likes

What is wrong with you ring …dings …revert back to previous Events … new on SUCKS!!!

1 Like

Why does ring find the need to make changes that upset their customers? Put a togg switch on the history to turn off the snap shot! I have 9 cameras, this new history is a waste of my time and now I don’t even lok at the videos.

1 Like

004976 I do not like the changes that ring made to the event history. Every time a car passes I now get an event log. This annoying alarm does not mean someone has entered the drive way only passing by on the road. This is a step backward. I do not like this up grade. Am looking for a new door bell not a ring.

1 Like