Erratic recording of spotlight camera battery

I have a spotlight camera battery installed facing down the footpath to the font door. It was installed to maximise the duration and clarity of recording of people coming to the front door as the recording from the video doorbell was not always clear enough in all ambient light conditions.

Until recently, all worked fine with recordings by the spotlight camera starting every time someone started up the path to the front door.

However in recent weeks, it has not recorded every instance of motion up the path (missing 60%) of events and sometimes only picks up motion from the front door (i.e. when leaving the house).

In addition, on occasions at night, the spotlight is not activated by motion events.

I have tried increasing the motion sensitivity to about 60%. I am wary of increasing the sensitivity further as even with people only mode enabled, the local cats keep triggering the camera, and I want to reduce the number of false alerts.

Live view shows that the camera viewing angle is still OK. Battery level is OK. So clearly the motion sensor is not being triggered by all motion events.

Help anyone?

Hi @MSS1. A good troubleshooting step to try here would be to reset your Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, run through a new setup in the Ring App using the steps under Set Up a Device. This will have you readjust your Motion Zones and your motion settings as well. Monitor the Camera’s performance after these steps to see how things are working. If the problem persists, you may also try disabling People Only Mode to see if that works better for you. Some neighbors find that People Only Mode works great for their home, while others have better motion detection with it disabled. I hope these suggestions are helpful! :slight_smile: