Ecolink Garage Door Tilt Sensor

I have 2 Ecolink Garage Door Tilt Sensors from a previous system that are now part of my Ring system. Randomly, without doing anything to the sensors, they will report “Tampered”. Sometimes it clears by itself, other times I have to remove the cover and battery to make it clear. Any ideas why this would happen? I never had a single issue when they were connected to the previous system.

Hi @r6kmb. Make sure the cover is firmly snapped back in place, as the “Tampered” message indicates that the cover is not on all the way. You may also want to try removing the sensors and re-adding them to the system. If you continue to have concerns, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a deeper look into this for you and make sure everything is working properly. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.