Doorview Cam (Peephole Cam) Flex-Cable Issue

I installed a new Doorview Cam (Peephole Cam) in August. Since, I have replaced the flex cable twice due to the video permanently changing from color to black and white. This is the third cable malfunction. I discussed this issue with a Ring representative while ordering a replacement flex cable and was advised it is a known issue. Is Ring working on revising the cable to prevent this reoccurring failure or offering an updated device to replace the defective one?

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this experience @dtaylor81! At Ring, we pride ourselves in providing dependable devices and innovative features so that our neighbors can feel like they are always home. Something I could recommend here is to ensure the cable is not unplugged often or has no chance of debris getting between the pins/ contacts.

Thank you for working with our support to obtain that replacement part. We will certainly be sharing this feedback with the appropriate teams for further investigation.

1 Like

The device is never tampered with between replacing the defective cables, so your reply doesn’t apply.

1 Like