Doorbell won't charge or turn on

Hello. I removed my doorbell (1st gen) to charge it a couple of days ago and it started charging no problem. I went back to it later and it wasn’t charging anymore and it wasn’t turning on at all.

I tried several different chargers and the device actually gets warm so it is definitely receiving power. I also tried using the reset button at the back several times and no luck.

I have the Ring Protection Plan with extended Warranty and I only bought the device 2 years ago so I’m hopeful that I can get this fixed or replaced. How do I go about this? Or are there other things I can try to see if it turns on again? Thanks in advance.

Hi @deckyno9. Thanks for sharing details on what troubleshooting steps you’ve taken so far. Since the Doorbell still isn’t powering on after you’ve tried fully charging it and resetting it, I would suggest touching base with our support team so they can take a closer look and figure out what may be going on. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.