Doorbell Wired won't connect to WiFi

I have a Doorbell Wired that is fully hooked up to my doorbell. It chimes when the button is pressed. But I can’t get through the set-up.

When I add device, my app connects to the Doorbell but then my Doorbell will not connect to my WiFi. My router is only about 10 feet away and I have an Extender right next to the door. I have a Bell Home Hub 3000, which is dual band. Plus all my other Ring devices have no problem connecting.

My previous Doorbell also had no trouble connecting to my WiFi but it got destroyed in a winter storm. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

It sounds like you were able to get other Ring devices at this location setup. This Ring Doorbell should certainly be able to reconnect. Try resetting the device by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Once the reset is complete, please reconnect your Ring device by following the steps in this help center article.

If possible try another mobile device, and ensure there is not a VPN enabled on any mobile device. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Hi, thank you for your response. Now it seems that my doorbell will not pick up my wifi network at all for some reason, it won’t show up on the list despite being so close to the modem and no other Ring products have difficulty connecting. Any idea why that might be?

Never mind, I had to log into my modem from my web browser and restart it there face palm it’s working now

2 Likes

Hi @canadiancw. It happens to the best of us! Glad this is working for you now!

If you’re using the WiFi 2.4 GHz make sure to only use channels 1-11
You can access your Routers webpage and change the channel number

Another this is : during setup make sure you press to access the Ring’s network before you are asked to access your own network.

1 Like