DoorBell will not go into set up mode!

"My Ring Doorbell pro lost connection to my WiFi last night. It would not re connect, I went out and brought a chime pro which connects fine. My doorbell will not go into set up mode I have tried turning off the power for 30 seconds and turning it back on, all o have is a solid white light but it will not spin no matter how many times I press the button, I have held the button in until the light goes off and started the process from scratch. What am I supposed to do??

Hi @Paddyb29! As your Chime setup without a problem, the Doorbell Pro may have fallen offline due to low power. Although it worked prior, there are factors in wiring that can impact the flow of power. Please ensure the wires are securely connected to the Pro and, if there is a chime in use, also check that the Pro Power Kit is installed properly. As there is a white light showing on the Ring Pro, some power is making it there, but possibly not enough. I recommend checking the wiring for any wire exposure or too thin of wiring. This can lead to resistance in voltage. The age of wiring/ transformer and the length of wire run should also be considered.

After checking the above variables, please allow the Doorbell Pro to charge up an hour before attempting another setup. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: