Doorbell w/o a subscription

I am using the ring doorbell without a subscription. I don’t mind getting a subscription but right now the doorbell/camera really sucks!!! I have let it set itself up, I have good internet, and the doorbell is placed properly. All it does is pick up vehicles on the street, and people after they have come in through our door. Will a subscription help this situation? Ring should not be misleading customers if a subscription helps. This product should state clearly that a subscription is necessary for proper operation. Otherwise this product is useless. I will remove it if a subscription doesn’t help. So the question is: Does a subscription improve what the video doorbell senses?

1 Like

I have the exact same problem did you get an answer

Hey neighbors! Happy to help out here. The Ring Protect Plan is only needed to store any recorded events in your event history, as the subscription covers the cloud server. You can learn more about subscription plans here. With or without a plan, the Doorbells will function the same way when it comes to how they capture and detect motion. If you let me know in a little bit more detail, I’m happy to help troubleshoot any motion detection concerns you may have. If you need immediate assistance and your device is not functioning like it should, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.