Doorbell Pro and Doorbell Chime not getting online

So, now sure how to begin this one.

I’ve had a doorbell pro in packing for a couple of years (2-3 perhaps) which have not been installed until now. I’m mentioning that due to my concerns that there might have been changes in where services are hosted, resulting in the devices (chime and doorbell) not being able to connect.

I’ve tried setting up the chime towards multiple networks (primary network at home, a guest network at home, two hot-spots via mobile devices) as well as playing around with disabling 5Ghz, changing channels etc.

The pairing guide works out fine, but right away the chime starts blinking/flashing rapidly.
In the ring application I’m notified that the connection went well, but the device is shown as offline. (the “last health check” is the same minute that the wizard is completed).

RSSI 0
Status Offline

The doorbell shows the same problems, but I could only try one setup. After the first initial setup to my wifi, the device got stuck with the upper half of the button ring blinking blue. Resetting with the button on the side only yields a device reboot, no matter how long I keep It pressed.
Pressing the big front-button gives a sound and the device changes to a solid dimmed white ring, until returning to blinking the upper part of the ring blue again.

Not sure how to proceed here, any input?

Oh, I should also mention that I can see the chime connecting to the configured wifi and staying connected, even though the device blinks rapidly and shows as offline in the app.

Hi @xorlon. It looks like you’ve done quite a bit of troubleshooting on your own here. I would suggest reaching out to our support team so they can take a closer look into this and find out what is going on exactly. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Thanks for reply @Tom_Ring.
I got in contact with support via phone and we concluded that the Chime was DOA and needed replacement. The Video Doorbell Pro was a bit more trickier, we got it working after waiting a couple of hours, with a possible reason being that the internal battery might have needed to charge before fully being functional to be able to be setup.
So the doorbell pro is up and running, while the chime is going to be replaced.

1 Like