Doorbell not recording

My doorbell will go a whole day without recording even though someone left a bag right in front of my door and the postman walks past door every day which should activate record. Why is it hit and miss with recordings?

Mine is doing the same thing. Even when someone actually rings it the chimes ring but it doesn’t record an event of any sort

Our Ring 2 does similar things now. Doesn’t detect well at night either. Has one of the software upgrades degraded the performance?

Did you find an answer to your problem? I had someone leave a package today and nothing was recorded

Hey neighbors! Since there are a few of you with a similar concern, it may be best if you reach out to our support team directly so they can take a closer look at your individual device and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what suggestions our support team had for you! :slight_smile: