Doorbell not picking up people

Last month or so my doorbell has not been picking up people even if they are standing directly in front of it . I called customer service basically no help I did everything they suggested and still the same . Now about 2 weeks ago it started going offline yet I have no WiFi issue everything else works perfect that is connected and WiFi is not going out .

Check your motion settings for your doorbell. I too had that issue but once tweaked I would get around 90% of the visitors.
I then invested in another camera which I’ve placed in my driveway that sees anyone coming on my property and by linking to the doorbell I get about 99% of the visitors.

WiFi issues typically mean you don’t have your WiFi Access Points close enough to the doorbell. As a test, move one onto the other side of the wall from the doorbell and see if that improves matters.

1 Like

Hi @user19197. What is the RSSI for your device? This can be found in the Device Health section of the Ring app. Additionally, I suggest going over this Community post here, as it goes over crucial steps for optimal motion detection. If these steps don’t improve your concern, I would follow up with our support team.