Doorbell Missing

An entire door bell is missing of the account, including the history. This has happened before and I called support. They couldn’t find it and told me that logs don’t exist to see what may have happend. Not sure how they don’t have logs.

It happened again. The worst part is that the doorbell goes missing an dteh app doesn’t tell you anything. Until you find a pile of stickers at the door you don’t use.

This issue is in addition to the door going offline and not coming back on. The past few months, I reset one of the doors three times. Something is wrong here. Anyone else experiencing these issues. I think I’m just going to undo these doors and place good old fashioned camera. Keep the two separated. I can’t have both the door and the security feature go offline for no reason. Highly frustrated.

Hi @PhiLo1999. Would you mind following up with our support team on this? If a Ring device is set up under your email address, it will always appear on your account unless you manually remove it. If you have more than one location in the Ring App, you can tap the location name in the top center of the app to swap between locations. If you’re not able to locate the device on your account, you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.