Doorbell activates on its own without anyone pressing it

For about 3 or 4 months now, our ring doorbell has been activating on its own. It happens about twice a week and almost always in the middle of the night so if freaks me out, especially when I’m up watching TV right next to the front door. This isn’t a motion alert, it’s the actual doorbell. Any advice?

Hi there, @mshelbym! Is this the physical chime kit inside your home sounding, or is it an actual false event that shows up in your Ring app event history? For in home chime kit concerns, it’s always a good step to confirm the compatibility of your chime kit via our Chime Kit Compatibility List. Please also confirm that there are not any other Ring devices linked to the Video Doorbell in the Ring app. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

My new Ring doorbell does the same thing. The chime goes off and there is not an event in my ring app yet the chime happened and my dogs go ape s**t but no one is there nor is it recorded anywhere in the app. What was the solution above?

Hi @user71217. If there is no event in the Ring app History, this may be a case of loose wires or connections. Try checking the terminals in your doorbell circuit to ensure that everything is nice and tight.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.