Doorbell 3 Plus Video Freezing

I got a Doorbell 3 Plus last week and it was working fine until the last few days. Any video recordings freeze after a second or so (usually just after the pre-roll). The sound seems to keep going after the video freezes. I’ve tried resetting and updating the firmware but it hasn’t fixed the problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi @m_murphy10. I’d recommend starting with this Help Center Article on troubleshooting poor video quality here. If the solutions in there don’t work, then you’ll want to touch base with our support team directly so they can help you diagnose the problem. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Was there ever a solution to this issue? The purpose of the RING video doorbell is to provide additional security for the home. However that becomes worthless when after the video recording starts, the video actually freezes with only the sound coming through, only for the video to resume after the motion event occurs. I’ve tried restarting the device, tried changing wifi networks, tested wifi speed, removed and re-installed the ring app on my phone. None of this make any difference.

I have this same issue. Called support but after lengthy discussion was told it was probably my router. I think I’m going to return mine to the store.