Doorbell 3 Plus intermittent failure

I’m experiencing intermittent issues (every 2-3 weeks), where the doorbell will stop working (no motion detection or ring detection).

In the majority of cases when checking the doorbell it has a spinning blue light, which won’t stop, pressing the doorbell doesn’t do anything and the only fix is for the battery to be removed and put back in.

The issue occurred today and seemed to happen immediately after someone had successfully rung the doorbell. Checking the WiFi connection at the door there were no issues and after doing a battery pull the battery was at 68%.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated, as we’re getting to the point where we can’t rely on the doorbell and are now considering replacing the doorbell, chimes and stickup cameras with another system. Thanks, Matt

Hey @MattJ. Do you have the Doorbell hardwired into your home through an internal chime kit or directly to a transformer? If you’re using the Doorbell with an incompatible chime kit, this may be the reason why the Doorbell is needing a reboot after the bell is rung. You can verify if your Doorbell is using a compatible chime kit in our Help Center Article here. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply.

The Doorbell 3 is running solely on wifi, with no hardwiring. We’ve two Ring Chimes (one original and one ‘all new’), which are on the network and trigger for both motion and rings (when the doorbell works).
We had no issues with our original Doorbell 1, which was setup in the same way, but have this intermittent issue since replacing it with the Doorbell 3 Plus.

Thanks, Matt

@MattJ Thanks for getting back to me on that! During the time of the Doorbell no longer working and if this is happening again, please try taking the battery out, fully charging it, and then putting it back in. In the event this continues to happen, I do recommend following up with our support team whenever you can, as this is not the experience you should be having!

Please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you reach out to support, please feel free to come back and let me know how this went. :slight_smile: