Does smart light solar flood light have a reset button?

My new solar food light was installed yesterday and one of the two light bulbs won’t turn on. I called customer service for troubleshooting and the agent asked me to push a reset button but I had no idea where it is. I know the floodlight security camera has reset button but is there one for smart light too? I can’t find it and google doesn’t have any information about it. The agent insist there is one…

Hi there, @xwljkt! Your observation is correct, there is not a button to press on the Smart Solar Floodlight or Smart Floodlight Wired for a reset. The support team member was likely thinking of the Floodlight Camera’s reset flow when recommending this. Instead, if you are needing to “reset” the Smart Lighting Floodlight, the best way to do so is via a power cycle. For Floodlight Solar, remove and reinsert the battery. For the Floodlight Wired, switch power off then back on. This should resolve any power or lighting concerns, but if it does not feel free to continue working with our support team for a permanent solution. I hope this helped! :slight_smile:

Thank you for clarifying this. Just want to share my customer experience regarding this one light won’t turn on. I have contacted support for multiple times and I feel the support team could use more training.

The first time I called for troubleshooting, the agent didn’t even know I have smart lights. It took her a while to find it in my account. She offered no solution except asked me to charge the battery to full and left an inaccurate note to my account saying I am not available to the physical product (I was told in my 2nd support call).

The 2nd call was about the reset button. He insists there is a one but he could not share any picture or information where the button is. It would be helpful if there is a way to share information from support team to customer. It would clear out lot of confusion. In my case, I could point out that was a different product that has reset button. Eventually, he helped me with a replacement order but had wrong shipping address. I had him repeated my address back to me so I don’t know how he input a wrong address in the system. The email I received from Ring regarding my replacement has an invalid email address.

The 3rd time I used online chat to reach out to customer service about invalid shipping address and she confirmed that it was wrong address in my replacement order. She didn’t know how to change the shipping address and eventually notified billing. I was told I will get an updated email and still haven’t got one after 2 days.

I an wondering if I should just returned my product instead but I was hoping I didn’t have to remove the solar panel for the smart lighting.

Hi @xwljkt, happy to chime in here. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your support experience with us. Since this is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum, we’re not able to look into your replacement request to check on the status of it. It would be best for you to contact our support team directly for further assistance, as they’ll be able to check on the request and make sure the replacement is being sent out to you. They can also take the feedback you’ve shared here and document it to help ensure a great support experience moving forward.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.