Does Alarm Mode override Motion Scheduling

I’ve turned on motion scheduling on my garden cameras as I don’t want constant notifications during the day when at home.

But I do want notifications if I go out and set the base station to Alarm mode and I do want notifications at night when in the Unarmed or Home mode.

So my question is “does alarm mode overrides motion scheduling” or is there another way to set things up to achieve this goal?

Hi @Collette. The Motion Schedules and Modes feature are two separate features that do not impact each other. There are no notification settings within the Modes feature specifically, which you can read more about in our Help Center Article here. To achieve this goal, the Motion Snooze feature might work better so you can snooze motion alerts when you don’t want to receive them, and then disable the snooze once you’d like to receive alerts again. You can read more about the Motion Snooze feature here. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

It is normally so busy during the day at our house that we have set motion schedules to turn off all outside camera notifications and then bring them on again over night. However there are times when we leave the house unattended during the day and would like motion notifications to be on. Currently it seems the only way to do this is to go into the advanced settings for each individual camera (we have five) and turn off the schedules. Having to go into each one to turn the schedules on and off is laborious and time consuming. Is there no other way motion schedules could be turned on and off as a group? If not could this be something that could be configured for a future upgrade of your app? Or indeed added to the modes functionality?
Thanks

That would have to be done daily on all devices in the household that are using the ring app as well then the Ring Chime would also have to be silenced. Sorry but not really a practicable option

Hi @user222501. Motion Schedules can not be disabled as a group. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

1 Like

Thanks Justin. I have added this to the features request board

2 Likes