Option to turn off Ring Alarm Motion Sensors

When disarm is set, the motion sensor still are active and send me notifications. This is silly. If the system is set to disarm that means I want everything disarmed. I don’t want to constantly turn on/off notifications alerts as I might forget to turn it back on and then whats the point of having a security system. It is shocking to me that the company has not allowed for this!

Since the motion sensors are wireless and they use a frequency, it would be nice when the system is unarmed that the motion sensors shut off and stop detecting motion, or at least give us the option to turn them off. This would help save the battery as well as reduce the radiation. Every wireless peice of equipment gives off radiation. Why have something give off constant radiation in your home when it’s not needed or being used? Even though it may be a small amount, every little bit adds up. With your wifi signal, wireless tvs, echos, Alexis, alarms, wireless garage door openers, etc… all this wireless stuff adds up to a lot off radiation. It would be great and healthy for us to have the ability to turn this stuff off when its not in use. Thank you.

4 Likes

Despite being in disarm mode, the ring alarm motion and contact sensors are still active. It would be good if the disarm feature meant the sensors were off. For me there is no purpose to keeping these active, since you are not interested in the system working and presumably all this does is drain their batteries.

4 Likes

Please add a feature to turn off motion detection and logging when alarm is in disarmed mode.

5 Likes

Allow the Ring Alarm Motion Detector to be COMPLETELY turned off when in Disarmed Mode. By this I mean “Shut Down” - so that they no longer even try to detect motion at all, (and thus save battery use and needless History entries).

Also - My wife doesn’t like the idea of being monitored in her own den/living room 24/7 - even when the Alarm System is “Disarmed”.

I know that the Motion Detectors can be set to be “ignored” in the Away and Home Modes - but see no way that in the Disarmed Mode they can be “Shut Down”.

And yes, I also know that they will not report, notify, et al ==> but again - if, in the APP - you go to HISTORY ==> ALARM - Motion events are still being captured even in the Disabled Mode. This is utilizing battery - and is annoying when reviewing events.

I like the Away, and Home Modes, and can certainly see this event history being beneficial in these modes (even if Motion events are “ignored” - but firmly believe that Disarmed should really be disarmed.

3 Likes

I would like to add another request to be able to turn off motion detection, or at least motion alerts, while in Disarmed mode. It is ridicules that I have to manually turn this off every time I am not in away mode in order to not have my phone filled with notifications, even when we are home! This feature is already available int the Glass Break Sensors and should be available for the motion sensors.

2 Likes

Any idea of the progress regarding this feature request ? It’s strange and annoying that this hasn’t been implemented yet. Many thanks

1 Like

Any update. I just bought the new pro and I see the similar behavior. In Disarm mode especially no point monitoring and sending notifications. Please share update on this front.

1 Like

This is really required…if no solution, then have to remove the motion sensor and look for some other alternative.

1 Like

I am also frustrated this is not a feature that is already added into the ring controls. It should be an option to toggle the motion sensor to not be active in different modes like “disarmed”. When looking at motion sensor settings it has “choose mode setting” and has a way to toggle off or on motion sensing in “away mode” and “home mode” but no “disarmed mode”??? Makes no sense as this mode should have always been there in the first place. I think a developer just spaced and forgot to add it lol. Please please add a “disarmed mode” to the modes settings so we can toggle off or on motion sensor when system is disarmed. Thank you!

2 Likes

I too have been waiting on this feature for several long years.

Incredibly frustrating seeing short battery life on the motion sensors (particularly Gen 2 motion sensor, just 11 months and batteries are already dead) and the hundreds of annoying motion event logs each week when monitoring is already turned OFF while we are at home.

This is absolutely NO-NO since it also invades people’s privacy as it’s constantly logging people’s movements at home.

It’s just a simple toggle switch to add in the Ring App for the motion sensor device:

“Turn OFF motion sensor when monitoring is OFF.”

When is Ring going to put this feature in?

2 Likes

I’m using the alarm to monitor a holiday home and need this function as is, monitor movement without setting off the siren. If you make any changes then keep this functionality.

1 Like

What good is a disarm function if it literally changes nothing pretty stupid ring. Get on this now please. Its annoying to have to disable everything manually to do yardwork.

1 Like

Has this feature been added as yet? I’m trying out the Ring system to see if it can replace my ADT alarm system. This is the first thing I noticed. Having the motion detection notifying me of every movement even though the system is Disarmed is annoying. Having to turn it off manually is also pointless cause I may forget to turn it back on which makes this a useless feature. This is also the case with the indoor camera

I hope this gets resolved soon.

1 Like

it is important for the nature to solve this issue…it is a waste of batteries.

Agree - it’s ridiculous that this feature doesn’t exist. Maybe they intentionally WANT to monitor people and record their movements in their own homes…