Disarm mode not actually disarming!

I have tried repeatedly to get disarm mode to work. I have made sure I’ve selected the options in the modes settings to NOT detect motion while in disarm mode, and yet it continues to detect motion and record just the same as if it were in away mode. This is so frustrating! What is the point of having this mode if it doesn’t actually work? There’s no way of contacting anyone from Ring aside from calling a US number (I’m in Australia) and this bloody website sends me around and around in circles. Any suggestions? I’m about to take them back and get a refund. It’s just a waste if battery and constant notifications.

Sorry to hear about this experience, @LauwzTheKiwi. With modes enabled and your desired devices added to and enabled under disarmed, disarming should prevent any alerts of a motion events. As it sounds like you’ve double checked these options, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. Once you’ve initiated a desired mode, please ensure the communication is reaching your Ring device. This is quickest when wifi signal strength is optimal. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

This just started happening to me today. Tried all the steps. Not working yet.

This is being reported on all the boards. I called Ring a few hours ago and they knew about it and were working on it.

I checked a bit ago and all is as it should be.

1 Like