Disable Audio Recording without Disabling Ring Audio

Is there any way to have audio recording disabled without disabling audio when someone rings the bell? I’m in a state where you are not allowed to record audio without all parties consenting. I’ve disabled the audio on the devices, but this also means I cannot hear a person when they ring the doorbell.

I don’t need the audio recorded, but is there any way to allow the audio to stream live (like an intercom) when someone rings the bell?

1 Like

Hi @deeedeeee. There isn’t currently a setting that allows you to disable the audio recording on only certain events and not others. If you disable the audio recording, it will be disabled on Live VIew as well since Live Views are also recorded and can be viewed later on with a Ring Protect plan. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just “upgraded” from Nest Hello to the ring video doorbell pro and just discovered this problem – is this really how this works? I can’t speak to someone at my door if I disable audio recording? LIVE AUDIO is not the same as recording! I should be able to talk to someone at my door and hear them live without recording the conversation if I want. In fact, my Nest Hello had NO PROBLEM doing this. Is there a reason why Ring doesn’t give you this option? The only thing I can surmise is that Ring and Amazon seem to disregard users’ privacy, so they set it like this so the doorbell is pretty useless if you don’t enable audio recording. Well guess what, I DON’T WANT MY FAMILY’S CONVERSATIONS RECORDED, AMAZON!!!
Unless there’s some option I’m not seeing here? Is there a way to do this yet? Should I return my doorbell? I still have a week to do so and it seems that may be the only option and go back to google.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.