I have wireless Ring for about 2 years until now and except not working video chat ( delay, poor sound) other was working ok.
But past few months I have big problems with connecting ring to wifi. With same constalation all the time ( same wifi router, wife extender…all same installment location).
Last two months ring sometimes was working, next day was offline, and than again working out of nowhere.
NOW I simply cannot connect/setup it anymore
- wifi router in house
- outdoor wifi extender (distance to ring bell 6m / 19 feet)
- outdoor wifi ring installed and fully charged
Wifi extender is configured that it is as separate Wifi hotspot. When connect to this hotspot via mobile phone internet is working!
Here is what happen when I want setup Ring:
- I put ring to setup mode ( pressing orange button at back) so white light on button is spinning
- enter pin and connect to temporary ring’s wifi
- choose wifi extender network RING saying : “CONNECTING TO WIFI, PLEASE WAIT MOMENT”
AND HERE SETUP FAILS. ring cannot connect to wifi.
RING setup stop with button blinking white on LEFT side.
- I have restart router many times
- i have restart wifi extender
- I completelly removed all devices from Ring app
- when doing setup I literally sit next to wifi extender ( so it is crazy strong network)
- wifi extender IS WORKING OK ( tested by other device)
Anyone can please help? I am desparate and not willing to throw Ring videodorbell to trash.
Thank you, anyone