Delayed notifications on Samsung only.

My set up includes, Doorbell pro, 2 stick up cams , 2 chimes, 1 chime pro, plus Amazon Echo dot, and 2 Echo shows. and 1 Huawei P smart phone, 1 PC, 1 Samsung S4 tablet and 1 recently bought Samsung A21s phone.

All devices are working as they should as far as event notifications are concerend, except for the Samsung phone and tablet.

Usually the motion/Ring notifications from cameras/ doorbell are instant ( or within 1/ 2 seconds) on the PC, the Huawei , the dot, all the chimes, and both echo shows,… no problem.

However, The samsung tablet and phone are more often than not, late, could be 10 seconds late, could be 30 seconds,but always late, and always only on the Samsung devices.

So, trying to figure out why only Samsung devices are late ?.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I do have another problem with just the A21s not downloading the RING alert tones with the app, ( Only Samsung tones available to choose from )… which I will post seperately.

Hi @Johnboy. For the devices that are receiving notifications late, please try uninstalling the Ring App, restarting the devices, and then reinstalling the Ring App. This usually clears up notification issues, but if it doesn’t, please check out this Help Center Article here, which covers how to troubleshoot notification issues for Android devices specifically.

If the suggested solutions don’t do the trick, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look at this for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: