Delayed. Delayed. Delayed

My wife and I constantly complain about the lack of timeliness of notification and recording. Here’s what I mean. There’s about a 50-foot distance from my gate to my front door. By the time the chimes go off, letting me know a person was detected, that person is already at the door. The chimes and recording of the event are too slow. Can we do something about this?

1 Like

Hi @Ruben_Mariscal. Delays in notifications or recording can have various causes, so you may need to check a few different things to narrow down what is causing this. First, I’d recommend checking your Ring Camera or Ring Doorbell’s RSSI, which is a measure of the wifi connection its receiving. You can read more about RSSI in our Community Post here. You can also find troubleshooting tips for notifications on Android devices here and iOS devices here.

I hope this helps. If these delayed notifications and recordings persist after checking the above, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further troubleshooting assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Agree, there are moments when it is timely and (mostly) those when it’s not. Not to mention it would be EASY to implement a mode that records the PREVIOUS 10 seconds of media in addition to whatever comes after. It seems to me like ring js just being lazy and not wanting to fix things that are obviously wrong with their service. Within the next two months I will be changing to home assistant and doing everything manually since they cannot be trusted to make anything that actually works.

Hi
I am getting the same delayes in notifiucations RSS is fine -40 on one 50 on another.

Same old story here too. Thoroughly disappointed with the ring2 I bought for my old mum.

Surely there’s some way to speed up the reaction time?! Are there no hacking/modding forums on the go?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.