Delay time adjustment

The 1 minute delay is too long for my purposes. Is there a way to shorten the delay to 30 or 15 seconds?

Setting Ring Alarm Entry and Exit Delays
The Exit Delay setting gives you a short period of time to leave your home once you’ve armed Ring Alarm. You’ll hear a series of chirps to remind you that there are only a few seconds to exit your home and close the door. When your Exit Delay ends, your Alarm is in Armed Mode. Opening your door will trigger the Entry Delay to begin counting down.

Entry Delay gives you a short time to disarm your Ring Alarm when entering your home. You’ll hear reminder chirps during the delay, and when the delay ends, if you don’t disarm, your Ring Alarm siren will sound.

To use Entry and Exit Delays, set the Contact Sensor Placement setting to Main Door. Next, customize each delay for any time between 0 seconds (no delay) and 180 seconds (3 minutes). Just make sure you have enough time to arm and disarm your Alarm.

To configure your exit delay:

Tap the three-lined menu icon on the upper left-hand side of your screen.
Tap Location Settings.
Tap Modes.
Tap “Home” or “Away.”
Tap “Exit Delay.”
Set the exit delay for the amount of time you wish.
To configure your entry delay:

Tap the three-lined menu icon on the upper left-hand side of your screen.
Tap Location Settings.
Tap Modes.
Tap “Home” or “Away.”
Tap “Entry Delay.”
Set the entry delay for the amount of time you wish.

1 Like

I have tapped the three-lined menu icon but I do not have a Location Settings, just a settings, which is my home address. I cannot find anyway to check and change my entry and exit delays.

Hi @ViperBugloss. You’ll have to be the owner of the Ring Alarm system, and not a Shared User as a Shared user will not have the options to adjust the settings. As the owner, you should be able to tap the 3 lines in the top left to open the Main Menu and then tap Modes in order to adjust the Entry and Exit Delays for both Home and Away modes. If you’re not seeing this option as the owner of the Ring Alarm system, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.