Dead?

Brand new device, was working well yesterday and this morning.

This afternoon, it has completely stopped responding to anything. No motion detection alerts, no doorbell alerts, no live mode. Live view says “Streaming Error”, and reconnect does nothing.

The battery was full charged about 24 hours ago, so I can’t imagine it has run out. Pressing the doorbell button generates the local chime on the doorbell itself, but no notifications to the app or the Alexa devices, which were all working before.

Settings / device health just gives me the spinning circle, and then goes back to the main settings page.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Having just had another go, the device health page now loads, albeit very slowly.

The battery level is saying 0%, and the signal strength is saying RSSI 0. Both of these figures seem incredibly unlikely.

:frowning:

Same here. received Ring Doorbell yesterday. It worked this morning as I was installing the device. Now nothing works on the device and I can’t log in to my app.

Not a great way to impress a new customer.

I will give Ring this morning to fix the issue, then I will be sending my Ring back.

Sorry to hear about this, neighbors. There was a status on Status.Ring.com and our Community announcements regarding the Ring app. This concern has since been resolve. If these concerns are persists, try resetting your Ring device by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Once complete, reconnected the Ring device and test live view to confirm it is online. For further assistance with this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.