DB3 - 29% battery lie is back

I’ve seen this mentioned a few times over the years, but no solid resolution.

I have more than one battery, but regardless of charge level, the app always reports the battery at 29%.

I have swapped out batteries a few times. Today installed a confirmed fully charge battery.
Just un/re-installed the Android app - still 29%.

I have not yet reset but am reluctant as everything else is working fine, something that took several HOURS - and tech support walk through - to accomplish initially.

Hi @DrSPH. Typically the battery level should update after an event is triggered on your Doorbell, such as a motion or Live View. If the battery level isn’t updating, you may want to try resetting your Doorbell and setting it back up in the Ring app. You can take screenshots of your settings in the Ring app before doing this so you can reference them after the new setup.

To reset your Doorbell, hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, set the Doorbell back up in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. Adjust the settings to your preferences and then test out an event and check the battery level on the Device Health page.

If the battery level still doesn’t update accordingly after trying these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can provide further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: