Dashboard: Unwanted Large "Discover" Image

YES REMOVE IT. Moving from NEST and they don’t have it…take a cue from your competitors!!!

4 Likes

Obviously, there is no excuse whatsoever for displaying the Discover image on the dashboard.

Why would you want to attempt to distract users while they are trying to check security cameras (and/or other security devices)?

Why try to force a “feature” on users who have no interest?

(It’s a shame that community members cannot vote on this issue. Perhaps the OP (or someone else) could post this topic on the New Feature board, so as to allow voting.)

3 Likes

I was pleasantly surprised this morning to discover that Ring have listened to everyone and you are now able to dismiss the tile and individual articles/pages. I’m looking forward to future updates having just invested in a security system.

2 Likes

How do you remove this? It’s cluttering the app. Thanks.

2 Likes

This is a SECURITY app, not a silly, useless shareware app.

Common sense indicates that the two categories of items that should appear on the Dashboard are ones that:

• Need to be accessed quickly in an emergency
  • Are accessed the most frequently

Obviously, neither the “Discover” tile or the “Set Up a Device” link qualify.

4 Likes

+1 The discover tile is suuuuuuper annoying!!! Please just send me a monthly email that I can opt out of if I don’t want it. Or throw a new feature tile when there are new features but allow us to REMOVE IT! THANKS FOR LISTENING!

1 Like

Plus 1 here - Discover section sucks. I only interacted with it to try to get it to go away.

4 Likes

ScottJ -

Have you read the thread on the Feature Request board of this website titled:

“Discover” Tile Needs to be Removed from the Ring App Dashboard?

If you agree with the contents of that post, you may want to consider “voting” for it.

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. There’s no reason to avoid introducing a setting, even if it’s buried away, to turn this off. Even if it’s a paid feature. Can we at least get a status update if this is in a feature request queue? PS: As a new ring customer, working in the software security industry, this single “Discover” panel seriously detracts from my initial opinion of the app (i really can’t believe there is no way to suppress it) - It makes an otherwise pleasant user experience clunky and almost amateur. Help!

4 Likes

When I log onto the dashboard, I expect to see what’s going on with my system, not see what else Amazon wants to sell me. While I realize Amazon is a sales engine, it’s unacceptable to clutter the function of an app that many of have paid for with ads. The fact that the ads are at the bottom of the screen is no consolation.

Having said all that, as long as Amazon thinks it’s a net gain to leave the ads there, they’ll stay.

4 Likes

You can make the Discover disappear. You just need to click on each add one at a time. Once you view one it disappears and moves to the next ad. Do it for all of them and the whole section goes away.

2 Likes

Hey all. New to Ring. This big Discover add section is annoying and disappointing. Hopefully they come up with a fix. Was gonna get some additional Ring equipment for my home, but I will not do so if this doesn’t get resolved. Feels like some ad supported freeware with that Discover section. Not sure why it isnt obvious to the folks at Amazon/Ring.

2 Likes

I also vote to remove it!

If “management” won’t allow a total removal then provide an option to do so within the app for paying customers that absolutely hate it.

How is this not resolved already?

When it comes time to replace a door bell, add a camera or recommend devices to friends and family I’m not so sure it will be a Ring device.

1 Like

COMPLETELY REMOVED Working as of May 29, 2022

I’ve been so annoyed by this banner as well for the last year. After reading this thread I lost hope and was pretty mad we couldn’t remove it…… then it hit me; why would they keep the discover banner up; if you’ve already clicked on “learn more”.

Sure enough one by one, as I clicked LEARN MORE, they went down… 1/9 then 1/8 then 1/7…… eventually the last one, and POOF the “Discover more” banner on the Home Screen of the app is GONE !!!

Enjoy everyone !!!

2 Likes

Yes the image is distracting and unnecessary to have on screen!

2 Likes

We are not paying for advertisements so please provide a way to delete the “Discover “ photos from the main screen of the Ring App.

3 Likes

Yes please allow us to disable this annoying Discover feature. If I want to discover something I will seek it out.
You will lose customers guaranteed. If not, I will not be renewing my service and tossing my 4 cameras in the trash

3 Likes

Moderators:

This is obviously an important topic. Could you combine posts on this topic into a single one that would allow Ring Community members to vote on it?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! The Discover section in the Ring app cannot be removed. It is no longer at the top of your Ring app so it does not prohibit function of the Ring app, and you can remove the red dot by tapping the menu in the top left and reviewing the What’s New and Shop Deals section. Once you have looked at everything in each section, the red dot on the menu will be removed.

You’re also welcome to add your feedback to the existing feature request to remove the Discover section of the Ring app here. I will be marking this reply as the solution to this thread so neighbors can quickly reference this information and locate the feature request to share their feedback or vote on it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Caitlyn_Ring -

Unlike you, I would strongly urge Ring Community members to AVOID clicking through the Discover, Shop Deals, and What’s New ”features”. As your more knowledgeable customers know… there are MANY obvious disadvantages in clicking through such features, but NO advantages that I can think of.

Let’s face it… Ring’s marketing/advertising strategies in the Ring app are seriously exploitative and serve to harm Ring customers in a variety of ways.

By marking your post as a “solution”, it seems like you are trying to stifle the voice of anyone who created a post in the thread and/or “Liked” (hearted) any of the existing posts. Unless the Discover image is actually removed from the app, there obviously is no solution to the problem.

Thus, I would again request that a moderator combine the threads on this topic into a single thread that can be voted on.

2 Likes