Dark Mode Update

So your looking at a security centric app at night and the insane overpowering white theme app is causing you to get a migraine … Sound familiar?

Well for those of you who suffer from eye strain like I do and have been annoyed that Ring has not yet released the app in dark mode there may be good news … I just received this email reply from the CEO Jamie Siminoff (nice to know he’s listening at least)

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021, 18:12 Jamie Siminoff j@ring.com wrote:

Ok

On Mar 16, 2021, at 4:38 PM, <> wrote:

Hi Jamie

You really should look into the customer boards on asking for your app to be released in dark mode … It’s is a LOT of people , and it’s still being ignored … Think about it you are a Security based company therefore you would think people would be viewing your app at night

yet eye strain does not seem to be a concern for you guys… everybody is releasing dark mode apps your customers have been screaming for it any chance we will see it in this lifetime ?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @clavin06047. Thank you for sharing this information and feedback with the Community! I went ahead and edited your post just to remove your email address, as the Community is a public forum and we recommend not sharing personal information such as your email address. For more information, you can check out the Community Guidelines here. While we don’t have any information to share on this feature, once we do have updates we’ll share them in the Device Tips and How To’s here. In the meantime, feel free to check out the Feature Request board and vote on other feature requests asking for this as well. :slight_smile:

Hey neighbors! Dark Mode is now available in the Ring app. You can learn more in this Help Center article here. Be sure that your Ring app is up to date as well as your phone’s OS. Let us know how you like this Feature! As always, thank you for being a Ring Neighbor. :slight_smile:

This is fantastic for the app on the phone. How about the website itself now on the computer? My eye strain is killing me… ugh

Hi @user19518. This can often be achieved by changing in your browser. I use Google Chrome and have Dark Mode enabled on it. It will be a different process for different browsers, but can easily found with a quick google search. I hope this helps!

Nobody should be forced to use a specific web browser, nor download a third-party extension that isn’t going to work across the entire site 100% of the time. It’s 2022. Basic features like this should easily be developed into the website already for paying customers.