Critically Low Battery

My Ring 2 doorbell is claiming that both of my fully charged doorbells are critically low.
I’ve charged both fully, disconnected the doorbell from the network, reconnected it, turned off the router and it is still saying this for both batteries and not allowing me to watch live. I have seen this issue reported for hard-wired Ring doorbells linking this to cold weather but it’s currently 4 degrees C out there and still reading as a critically low battery. Any ideas anyone or is it a new doorbell for me? Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Zoomusicgirl. Please also keep in mind that extremely cold weather can impact the performance of the lithium-ion battery in your Ring Doorbell. Bring your Doorbell inside and try a complete reset of your Doorbell. Ensure a fully charged battery is inserted, and then hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, you’ll then set the Doorbell back up in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. Test it out by ringing the Doorbell or triggering a motion event and then check the battery percentage on the Device Health screen to see if it’s reporting accurately.

If the troubleshooting steps provided above don’t work, even when the Doorbell is inside and out of cold weather, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Same is happening with my doorbell 3. I did a factory reset and same . Battery is fully charge . However doorbell can’t connect with the app . Any other solution ?

Hi @Cosarb. Is it saying that your Doorbell 3 has a low battery, or does the in-app setup process not complete? You can find troubleshooting tips for when the in-app setup fails in our Help Center Article here. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can further assist. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Nothing fixed the low battery message.
I ended up having to buy a new Ring 4 doorbell to replace my old Ring 2 doorbell.
All of the replacement battery packs which the Ring 2 doorbell stated were not working are fine with the Ring 4.
I’m sure that this is all a conscious and dishonest move to make people move from the older technology to the new. Shame on you Ring. #disappointing
And forum input from Ring a little too late and a little too vague (I.e.unhelpful).

1 Like

I have a ring doorbell 2. Mine is saying critically low battery with both of my fully charged batteries too. Apple got in trouble for forcing people have to upgrade because of the battery. Is Ring doing the same? I know technology advances quickly but doorbells are doorbells. They should last for years without needing to upgrade.

Hi @Kastle. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far, if any? Based on your post, it sounds like you have two batteries and you tried installing both in the Doorbell. When charging the batteries, make sure to use the provided charging cable and charge the battery for about 8 hours to ensure it is fully charged. I’d also recommend reviewing our troubleshooting tips and tricks for unexpected battery drain in our Help Center article here.