Cracked Video doorbell Pro Screen

My Ring video doorbell has been cracked for a little while now. The crack finally spread up to the camera lens. I contacted Ring and they told me all I’m out of warranty which is only 1 year on the doorbell camera. The best help they could provide is a 35% off code so I can purchase a new Video Doorbell Camera. Not a great product in my opinion especially if the camera is rated for outdoor use. I will be trying different video doorbell cameras from now on. From what I hear the Google nest doorbell camera has facial recognition. I hate to go however the product should be better built in my opinion. From what I read in these forums it’s a common occurence.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about that, @Bobbyd371! Our outdoor rated devices are certainly made to be weather resistant and dependable. That being said, this can also depend on usage and placement. For instance, we recommend avoiding torrential downpour, submerging water, extreme weather conditions, or constant direct sunlight during extreme temperatures. Operating requirements, such as temperature, can be found on our product pages at Ring.com, under the technical specifications area.

Of course, this doesn’t cover every scenario, and we understand things can happen. Our Warranty page covers all the details of what is covered for replacement. Additionally, subscribing to a Protect Plus plan before your initial warranty period expires will extend your warranty coverage. Glad to hear our team was able to get you a discount!

If you are needing further assistance with warranty or discount, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. If you want any tips on choosing or installing a new Video Doorbell, feel free to to check/ ask around the Community. :slight_smile:

I agree with you Bobby. Mine cracked after the warranty expired too (how convenient). Obviously poor quality. They should at least sell a replacement glass / cover as this is an obvious flaw in the design.

1 Like

junk! ill wait till it gets a little worse and then buy used one on craigs.