'Corrupted' linked device settings in Ring app?

Hi,

When I try to view/manage linked device settings in the ring app (Android 3.24.1, have experienced same on multiple devices), the settings that are displayed by the app seem to get corrupted as I move between them for different devices. e.g. link settings from an internal camera are shown against a different device that has had no linked devices setup previously…

If I then try to remove/modify the (incorrect) link settings, I get an error that “Somethign went wrong. We’re having trouble connecting right now. Please try again in a moment”.

Feels like the app isn’t synchronising correctly with the settings as stored - and then struggles to modify settings due to this perhaps?

I have 5 ring devices(!), so possible this may not be experienced if you have a smaller number on your account, but would be great to know if others have seen similar, or to know if this is a recognised defect by Ring? Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the ring app, which makes no difference at all.

1 Like

Hi,
I have the same problem with the link feature. I have 6 cams installed at different locations of my house. I notice that there is a work around of this bug. For each device setup of the link, after saving, you have to quit completely out of the app. Same with checking the link for each device, quit completely and restart the app. I think there is update bug in the ring app. Other than the erroneous link staus., The actual operating of the link seems to work properly. Hope the company will fix this bug eventually. Good luck and stay safe.

3 Likes

Many thanks Itring - I noticed the inconsistent behaviour, and you’re right that quitting the app after viewing/making changes to each linked device’s settings seems to workaround the issue.

It’s great to have so many new features coming through, hopefully Ring’s app QA improves soon, and this (and the AM/PM display issue for linked lights) get fixed.

2 Likes

Yup…same issue here…and the workaround is genius! Hopefully Ring will escalate this bug to their devs for a hotfix asap…but at least there is a known workaround for now.

2 Likes

Hi,
This issue seems to be fixed just now. It probably is a server side update. There is no new ring app release.

1 Like

[edit] - Still not working for me… app quit & restart workaround still needed…

1 Like

Sorry, I just checked, and it’s not fixed. Must have been a system glitch earlier.

1 Like

glad i found your post, i though i was the only one who had this problem.

i made my own post regarding about the issue and i have exact same screenshot like yours.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-App/From-Android-Ring-App-quot-LINKED-DEVICES-quot-cant-link-or/td-p/30887

did you get this issue fixed as of 5/1/2020?