Corrosion and Pitting

Same here, Venetian Bronze, corroded and sharp edges, have cut myself multiple times when taking off to charge. Also hasn’t ever worked properly and have contacted support multiple times only to be provided with options to purchase move of their products to make this one product work, we have tried options and still not resolved after spending more money to make something that should have worked in the first place. Doesn’t start recording until the person is walking away, we have a long straight walkway to our gate so should be no issue.

Same, but today the corroding metal has split away from the ring, with a ‘spike’ of metal cutting my finger when removing it to re-charge. Immediately called Customer Services…30% discount being offered on a new item. Where do I stand with a faulty product causing physical injury? Thanks.

Hi @Pickleman. As outdoor fixtures, it’s likely your Ring devices will get covered in dirt and debris from time to time. Additionally, if you live in a climate which gets snow or sea salt spray off the ocean, those can accumulate on the motion sensor, camera lens, which can decrease charging capability & motion detection. We recommend wiping off your Ring device with a damp cloth at every season change. It not maintained, corrosion can occur.

I have ring protect plus and after submitting a photo it was replaced no questions and free of charge. Amazing service from ring - could not fault it.

1 Like

This is the same as my doorbell and would like information on how to claim under warranty of a faulty product that has not lasted a reasonable length of time.

Just over two years old at a cost of £90.00 this product should last longer than this.

This product has an issue that ring is fobbing of on to its customers and it isn’t acceptable.

Time to honour warranty claims on these faulty doorbells.

1 Like

Hi @Dazza3. As mentioned in the marked solution for this post, outdoor fixtures are susceptible to corrosion if not properly maintained. If you are subscribed to the Ring Protect Plan, your device may be under extended warranty. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.