Hi, I’m having an issue with one of my contact sensors 2nd gen. It is going through a fresh set of battery’s every week.
I have tried multiple battery brands and resetting the sensor but its still the same.
It also only shows at half battery when new battery’s are installed.
I have no idea what to do next!
Hi @Boon6000. Does this Contact Sensor receive a lot of activity each day? If not, I would recommend factory resetting your Contact Sensor. Follow the steps below to factory reset your Contact Sensor:
- If not already done, remove the device from its mounting bracket.
- On the back of the device, using a paperclip (or similar) press and hold the pin hole button.
- Continue holding the button for ~10s watching the LED blink rapidly blue.
- When the blue LED stops blinking, release the button.
- Watch for the solid red LED indication to tell you the device was reset and removed from the network.
If the battery continues to drain quickly after this reset, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.