Connection failure Doorbell Pro

Cannot reconnect doorbell Pro, but other Ring camera working correctly and linked to phone; rebooted router, tried to connect on a different cell phone, no luck. Doorbell Pro showing white spinning circle, but always reports failure to connect to internet. Internet connection at bell location working for cell phone and laptop which connect perfectly within 20 cm (8 ins) of unit. Rebooted doorbell unit several times without success. Please advise.

I had the same problem when trying to connect to my new Wifi 6 router. Took it out and went back to the old router and everything worked fine. I’m not sure the older doorbell likes the new upgrade!

Hey neighbors! With other devices setting up successfully, or an old network working as intended, please check which network is being attempted for connection. The Doorbell Pro can connect to 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz frequencies, but I recommend using the 2.4 Ghz option.

Trying another mobile device is a great step to try, if you have not already. As it seems all the steps are successful in the Ring app, except for the wifi connection on these particular networks, try opening up a standard 2.4 Ghz guest network on your router using a standard security encryption type and SSID. As the Pro is hardwired at your entryway, distance from the router can sometimes be a factor, in which trying with an extender may help if your wifi access point is too far for connection. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Tried 2.4 ghz without success. Have strong signal at the location of the doorbell app.

We had a four day power failure recently, and after that, I cant get the doorbell connected, but my exterior light/cam is working perfectly. I’ve now spent over five hours trying to connect the doorbell.

When I try to find the"ring network" on the phone, none shows. Tried another android phone, also without success. Please advise.

Hi @Neskowiner. Taking into consideration the in depth troubleshooting you’ve already done, I would recommend contacting out support team for more help. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.