I want to connect some cameras that I’ve purchased but I want them to be located on an outbuilding, the outbuilding has WiFi but it has a different ID (but still on the same network as our house/Ring alarm).
Is there a way to connect the cameras? I’m struggling as when I try to connect them it automatically looks for the WiFi details of the house connection.
Hi @Daz2410. Are you trying to set the Camera up in the location it will be installed at, or in your house? If the location you’re installing it at has a sufficient wifi connection, try setting it up at the install location and select the correct wifi network for that location. The Cameras do not have to be on the same wifi network as the Ring Alarm or anything like that, they just need to be on a stable wifi connection that is 2.4Ghz. If you’ve previously set them up before and the Ring App is asking if you want to connect to a network previously used, select no so you can choose the preferred network. I hope this helps.
- Press the Home or Menu button on your camera .
- Open Settings, then WiFi Setup or WiFi Options, if applicable.
- Make sure your camera’s WiFi connection is turned on.
- Your camera may automatically connect to your WiFi network.
- Enter your WiFi network’s password.