Confusing Plan Information in Account

Both the Ring website and phone app show that I am on a Ring Protect Plus Trial even though I have already paid for basic plans for my two devices. There is no mention of the basic plans, no history of my payments provided, and my Ring app has a red banner saying I have just X days of recordling left and I need to chose a plan. The only place that correctly reports my plans is a tile on my Dashboard on the website. Even there, if I click on the tile there is no mention of the plans I have paid for. This is confusing to say the least.

1 Like

Hi @Modesto. If you recently added a new Doorbell or Camera to your account, you’ll receive a free 30-day trial of the Ring Protect Plus plan which may be why you’re seeing this message. If you haven’t added a new device, please reach out to our support team directly so they can take a look at your account and make sure your plan is properly in place. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I have added a new device recently, but I wouldn’t expect it to completely hide the plans I already had on existing devices and keep hassling me to buy plans when I’ve already paid for plans for all devices including the new one.

I can not see where it explains what the exact difference is between Home or Away and what each does .

@Jerry5839 wrote:
I can not see where it explains what the exact difference is between Home or Away and what each does .

Hello @Jerry5839 ,

The Ring App performs many functions. The Ring App has two major functions, thus making it kind of “Two Apps in one.”

1. To control Ring Doorbells and Security Cameras (Surveillance system).
  2. To control Ring Alarm system (Intruder Alarm system).

The 3 Alarm Modes are “Disarmed” (alarm off), and two Armed modes of “Home” and “Away.” This online link will help inform you a bit better:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005312623-Arming-Disarming-and-Setting-Modes-on-your-Ring-Alarm

Even if you do not own the RIng Alarm system, and only have Doorbells and Cameras, you can still utilize the Alarm Modes to modify the behavior of the cameras. It’s an expansion of the “Modes” concept used by the RIng Alarm. You could pre-program/configure the cameras in each Alarm Mode, setting whether you want them to be “Enabled” for recording and/or permitting “Live View.” Once all your cameras are configured, it can be easy and useful to tap a different Mode Button, without having to change the setting of on several cameras each time.

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036107792-Control-All-your-Ring-Cameras-with-Modes

I hope you find this information helpful. :slight_smile:

What are you doing hijacking my thread?

I broke my original Ring that was tied to my account. I added a new one and am getting the trial message. After the trial, will my current plan continue or do I have to buy another plan for the new camera?

Hi @Tanyagary. Your original Ring plan should still be in place once your trial ends. If it’s not, you can reach out to our support team and they can make sure everything gets sorted. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: