Conclusion : poor man's security soultion

After months of battling with this device I give in.
Yes - my having to deal with this doorbell has taught me a lot. I’ve learned all about the low level settings of my router and extender.
I have found that often I can come up with a tweak which will improve the doorbell’s operation.
But - even today there was a red alert when I logged into the ring web site that live view was not functional.
How many customers were acting like chickens without heads wondering if THEIR hardware was malfunctioning when it was really ring ?
The technology that has gone into these devices is very impressive.
The electrical/mechanical engineers should be commended.
Not so much for the software/support engineers.
Some of the support people are great. Others not so much.

This forum is of very little use.

Adios

1 Like

I agree. I got here while trying to find a solution to delayed notifications. All I’ve found is blame-shifting onto the household infrastructure - despite lots of users pointing out how fast their internal setup is and how close to the Ring device the router is.

What I don’t get is why my wife gets almost instant notifications on her phone while mine comes in up to a minute later, even when we’re both in the same room! there is clearly something dodgy in the systems / software.

Round here, the delivery guys prefer to bang on the door rather than rely on Ring devices.